CDIN is an NGO and a platform for bringing together stakeholders in Nigeria to work on a common interest of addressing gaps in cryptography related developments including crypto-currencies and crypto-ransomwares.
Lack of Awareness and Stakeholders collaboration are the two major gaps we have identified for now. Identified stakeholders includes institutions in the following sectors: Education, Defense, Economy and Technology.
Our Strategic Themes are: Platforms, R&D and Collaboration. Our platform initiatives includes Weekly Meetups, Monthly Podcasts, and Annual Conference
CDIN is a Non Governmental, Non Profit Professional Organization founded to address the gaps in the learning and practice of cryptography in Nigeria.
Started in 2015
Registered Feb, 2016
More than 60 members
To enable development of home grown cryptographers and reduce the dependency of Nigeria on foreign cryptographic products and services
To create a platform for encouraging the learning and practice of cryptography in Nigeria and collaboration among relevant stakeholders
Our Goals And Objective
- To create awareness on the importance of home grown cryptographers.
- To create a platform for the learning and practice of Cryptography in Nigeria.
- To stimulate national effort towards achieving independence in developing cryptographic product and services.
- To help position Nigeria for future challenges and opportunities in cyber Security.
- To help position Nigeria for future challenges and opportunities in Digital Economy.